So I made a start and stripped down my donor machine the other night (no photos – just a stock rolling chassis).
Now – transplanting bits to the new chassis plate, and putting things together.
Motor is mounted, and diffs/driveline. Top plate needs some modification to fit the new motor (Dremel to the rescue!). I need some other bearings to do the Traxxas spur mod, so that’s going to be delayed – gives me a next stage of updates, so that’s cool.
Next up is steering assembly, then on to the electronics (cutting, soldering, fitting etc – I want this to be clean inside). Pictures below.
The first batch of parts for my speed runner arrived the other day.
All those lovely Exotek parts. No, I didn’t get the Exotek carbon shock towers. At present, I feel that 6 grams of weight saved is not enough to worry about. I may put heavier arms on it yet just to keep weight on for traction.
I get customers wanting to store media a lot nowadays, and I tend to steer them towards the Plex Media Server software. It has very good indexing capabilities, and a whole host of transcoding capabilities. There is other software available, but this one seems to be the best (at least in my opinion) that I’ve found thus far.
There are a number of things that need consideration when deciding how you want to store your media. Click More to find out more.